Friday, April 9, 2010

The teeming sounds around us

Every so often I make a point to go around town without my mp3 player, and I'm happy to have done so every time. This time, I was stopped by a new chemistry student who was supposed to collect signatures as some sort of rite of acceptance (and asked like a jerk if I was against it because I study a certain 'lesser' degree, which I don't), lots of people asking for directions, and I got into a conversation with an older student who just spent a semester in Damascus and had also studied in the US for a year. I love connecting with people, and I now vow to go without mp3 unless I'm facing a bus ride of more than 20 minutes.

As for mp3 player usage, here's my current workout/dancing playlist:
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Maroon 5 - Harder to Breath
Sean Paul - Temperature
Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
I've been grumpy about the cold weather (it's 29C/84F at home!!) so these are some of my high energy songs. After flailing around the room like a nut, I finally felt at peace again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment