Let me start off by saying a few things. I’m prone to exaggeration, but probably not as much as you’d think. I love Germany, otherwise I wouldn’t be here, and I am about 95% integrated – as much as I ever can/will be. I speak German fluently and very much appreciate being able to study here for free and having health insurance. I don’t like it when people hate on Germany, but I do understand needing to let out frustration.
But back to the fun part, the things that make me want to tear my hair out!
- Stores being closed on Sunday/crap store hours in general
- Bureaucracy in everyday life and at the university
- Professors/teachers not being there during their office hours unless you make an appointment. What’s the point of office hours then?!
- Lack of internet (Angie, you did not give all people access to at least DSL by the end of 2010, which you promised)
- All food advertisements mentioning how ‘creamy’ everything is
- Crafting supplies being too expensive D:
- Dubbing instead of subtitling
- Apartments not coming with appliances
- Lack of access for the handicapped